The Portuguese steak is a traditional meal that you will find served in most restaurants that you dine while at your vacation. Alongside the restaurants no matter which part of the Portugal you are staying, there are Portugal holiday apartments, Algarve Villas, Villamoura holiday Villas.
Lets a look of how the steaks is prepared and while your back home from the holidays you can try it back home.
- Steak cut into thin pieces.
- Garlic Cloves thinly sliced.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 4 eggs (optional)
- 1 marinated roasted red pepper (optional)
- Mix the garlic with salt and mash. Add Pepper, Parsley and bay leaf, mix them all together till you form a paste. Season the steaks with the mixture on both sides.
- Sprinkle in the red wine over the meat and marinate the steak at least two hours but for better results marinate overnight.
- Separate the marinade from the steak. Heat the butter and oil over mild heat. Then fry the steak for 3 minutes or so. Remove the steak from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add the marinade you kept aside to the pan stir till golden brown. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream over low heat. Then add the steaks and simmer for three minutes to thicken the soup.
- While the steaks are cooking fry the eggs in a separate pan.
- Fry eggs in a separate pan. Plate the steaks and place the fried eggs on top, garnish with the red pepper. Pour some sauce round the steak and serve hot with your accompaniments.
Enjoy the stake with an accompaniment of salad or chips or any other accompaniment of your choice.