A taste of Portugal.!!!!
Booking a holiday in Portugal for a holiday. This article tries to give you a taste of Portugal. Historically Portugal like other European countries relied on preserved meats and fish as their staple diet. On a holiday in Portugal the the opportunity to enjoy PORTUGUESE CHOURICO. It will be served in most of the restaurants as an additive to Portuguese stews and refreshing salads. Regardless of where your Portugal holiday rental is be an apartment to rent in Lagos or a villa in Alvor you will be able to source and taste chourico. It is full of flavours and considered spicy normally a spicy red paprika colour but there is a black version which is sumptuous. The bowl used to make the Chourico is known as assador de barro and some high alcoholic content used to flame grill the chourico. This delicious meat can be enjoyed during the summer and can wash it down with some cold Portuguese beer like Sagres or Supperbok
Here we look at how to prepare the Chourico, a recipe you can share with family and friends back home.
- 2 chourico
- 1 cup aguardente – alcohol with high percentage
- 1 “assador de barro” ceramic cooking bowl (any medium sized bowl will do as long as the chourico can rest above the alcoholic liquid below)
- Place the chourico on a cutting board.
- Make small cuts in between, the cuts should give enough space to allow the inside of the sausage to cook well.
- Place it in the assador de barro ceramic bowl.
- Pour the cup of high content alcohol over the chourico and into the bowl.
- Be careful don’t the let the alcohol drip out of the bowl in order to not burn anything but the chourico.
- Now use a long lighter to light the liquid below and begin flame grilling the chourico.
- Let the chourico flame grill until the alcohol runs out and the outside of the chourico should be well burned and crispy.
- Once done, serve immediately while hot.
Here are some of the restaurants where you can have a taste of your chourico, at Cabana Fresca Restaurant; Ol Peri Peri restaurant serves great chourico too. Enjoy the chourico’s as you enjoy the holidays too. You can have a take out and dine in your holiday apartment.